HOW TO CHOOSE A MODERN SINK
If you are redoing your bathroom and you are looking for a perfect modern looking sink for your space, and you don’t know even where to start looking, you are in the right place because here is a little guide which will help you on your journey of finding the best modern sink. If you want to know all the tricks and tips, I recommend that you continue with reading this buying guide.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF SINKS TO CHOOSE FROM?
You have probably noticed that there are many different options and many different types of sinks available, but not all are suitable for your space or maybe for your plumbing arrangement. Here are the types of sinks you will be able to choose from:
- UNDERMOUNT SINKS: this is the first option, and it is great if you don’t have much space available because they are mounted under the counter top which means they save a little bit of space. The look is great and modern, just what we are looking for. Another benefit of under mount sinks is that they are much easier to clean because there are no outside rims where the dirt could get in.
- VESSEL SINKS: we move on to the option which is a little bit bolder, and that means your bathroom will definitely be worth taking a look. They are also available in different colors and shapes, sizes so you will be able to choose the one that suits you best.
- WALL-MOUNTED SINKS: this type is one of the most popular ones, and they are also a great option if you are having space problems. The sink is being mounted to the wall, and that means you have a free space underneath and you can get some storage space there.
- DROP IN SINKS: this type is a little bit different and like the name already says you don’t have a sink sitting on the countertop, but the sink is dropped into the counter top instead. They are also great if you are tight on budget – they are not expensive to install.
- CONSOLE SINKS: another a little bit more extravagant looking option are console sinks, and they have legs which provide stability. They can be bought in different styles too.
- PEDESTAL SINKS: the most traditional one but still looking modern is the pedestal sink which has a post instead of legs, and they can also be a great option for a smaller bathroom because they come in smaller sizes too. But if you are looking for saving up space type, this one is not the best option because you don’t have storage space available underneath the sink. Read more at http://walkinshowers.org/best-pedestal-sink-reviews.html …
WHAT ARE SOME KEY POINTS TO CONSIDER?
Now that you are familiar with some basics and you know which types you can choose from it is time to get to know some other things which are very important too. At first, you need to know how many people will be using the sink and who are the people using it. If you have smaller children, you need to keep that in mind, and you shouldn’t install the sink too high because they won’t be able to reach it.
The next thing which is very important is that you measure the space correctly so you will know how much space you have available. If you have a smaller bathroom that means you will also need a smaller sink to save up some space.
The next thing you need to ask yourself is how much storage space you need? There are sink types and styles which provide some extra storage space like wall mounted ones because you can simply put a cupboard underneath. Ask yourself do you need storage space on the countertop too? If you do, you should pick a sink with some counter board space.
And what about the style? When it comes to style, some types of the sink require different things. For instance, if you want to have a vessel or a drop-in sink you need to know that you will need more counter space.
If you have more bathrooms like master bathroom and a guest bath, you can consider getting a two separate sinks for the master bathroom, and in the guest bathroom, you put a simple, classic looking sink.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE RIGHT FAUCET FOR MY SINK HEIGHT/SIZE?
Because there are different types and different styles of sinks that mean they are made differently too. If you want to get a vessel sink you need to have in mind that they are taller on the counter and that means you will have to think about faucet position. With wall mounted option you need to have at least 6 inches of space above the vessel sink and mount it at that height.
Measure the options correctly and make sure you have enough space available or you will have huge problems later. Make sure that the faucet fits the size and scale of the bought sink or you might have problems with an extra splash.
WHAT TYPES OF MATERIALS FOR MY SINK ARE AVAILABLE?
Not only that you have a huge selection of different styles and types, but you also can choose from several different materials, depends on what you want and need.
- CERAMIC/PORCELAIN: the most traditional pick is definitely the ceramic or porcelain sinks. They are popular because they are durable, the price is affordable, and you can get them in every color imagined, every size imagined and in several different sizes. You will definitely find the one you love if you go with this option.
- METAL: a little bit more extravagant looking but they are popular because they are highly resistant to scratches. It will give you a modern look with a little bit of extravaganza and luxury. They are very lightweight and also very durable. You can also get it in different finishes like brushed nickel etc.
- CORIAN/SOLID SURFACE: a great option if you are looking for a durable and stain resistant option but it is not the best choice if you check the price. They are a little bit more expensive, but they are great when it comes to cleaning.
- QUARTZ: another scratch resistant material which is also easy to clean. They are not available in different shapes because they usually come in rectangular shape.
WHAT ARE OTHER FEATURES GOOD TO KEEP IN MIND?
You now know most of the important things but there are a few more you can add up, and they can really add that special spark to space.
If you want to have a great lightning in the space, you can think about purchasing LED lights which will give a great illuminated feeling. You can also add some modern looking soap holders or maybe some shelves. Adding all those little things can completely change the whole space, and you will be able to notice the difference immediately.
I hope this guide was helpful and you will now be able to start your modern sink buying adventure. If you do everything as we have said and you will be careful with the things we have warned you, you will definitely find you dream sink very quickly, and you will be able to enjoy a relaxing time in your bathroom again.